There are many add-ons which users don't like or would like to stop using on browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Well the solution lies in the web browser and it is a simple process to enable and disable add-ons.
In the Internet Explorer web browser, one can manage the add-ons from the tools menu. The same goes for Mozilla web browser which allows enabling and disabling of add-ons in the tools menu. Click on finish, once done.
In Google Chrome the same can be done with the extensions command. The process of managing add-ons is very easy.
How to disable add-ons/extensions in your browser?
Add-ons/extensions can be managed via browsers. This is the way to disable add-ons which you stopped using or don't like:
- Click the orange "Firefox" button in the top left-hand corner of the browser window and choose "Add-ons" from the right column of the menu to open an Add-ons Manager tab in the active browser window.
- If you are using Windows XP, click on "Tools" from the menu bar near the top of the browser window and choose "Add-ons."
- Click "Extensions" to view the installed extensions that add features to Firefox, or click "Plugins" to view plugins that add compatibility and functionality.
- Find the add-on you want to disable and click its "Disable" button.
- If you want to delete an extension entirely, click "Remove."
- Restart Firefox to complete the process.
- Click the menu icon at the top right of the browser window, choose "Tools" and choose "Extensions" to open a new "Options" tab.
- Uncheck "Enabled" to disable an extension, or click "Remove" to delete it completely.
- Enter "chrome://plugins/" in Chrome's address bar to view plugins that add compatibility and functionality, such as Apple QuickTime or Adobe Flash,
- Click the "Disable" link under the plugin you want to disable.
- Open your Internet Explorer browser,
- Click on the gear icon (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top (far right), then click again on Internet Options.
- Go to <Manage Add-ons>, then <Enable or disable Add-ons>.
- Once opened, click on the module that you want to disable and at the bottom you will see <Enable or Disable> Check <Disable>.
- "OK" to finish.